We are only a few days into 2019, but we already have a front-runner for word of the year: volatility. I know volatility can be a bit unsettling for investors, so I wanted to offer some reassuring thoughts:
- Remember why you invest with Green Century. You invest to save for your future and to make an impact. The market may be unpredictable but the environmental impact of your Green Century investment remains steadfast.
- The current volatility may be fleeting. It’s entirely possible that we’ll ring in 2020, with “volatility” nothing but a distant memory. The overall American economy remains strong.
- Historically, the market has always bounced back. Green Century has weathered a number of volatile markets since it was founded in 1991, and each time the market eventually rebounded.
- Diversify. Diversification is generally a sound investment strategy, and this approach can be especially helpful in periods of volatility. Thankfully, Green Century offers you more ways than ever to align your investments with your values:
- The Green Century Balanced Fund invests in solution-oriented companies and bonds, more than 50% of which are green or sustainable.
- The Green Century MSCI International Index Fund invests in companies with outstanding environmental, social, and governance ratings in developed markets outside of the U.S.
- The Green Century Equity Fund, which invests in sustainable U.S.-based companies, was just named by Bloomberg, for the third time in a row, as one of the top 10 socially conscious funds in the U.S
Finally, remember your goals. You invest with Green Century to save for the future and make a difference in the world. No matter what happens in the market on any given day, we remain committed to protecting the environment, promoting clean energy, reducing plastic pollution, and more – and your investments make our work possible. If you missed our recent Best of 2018 list, take a moment to read through what your investments helped us achieve.
Green Century Capital Management
You should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds please click here, email email@example.com, or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to a variety of risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation risk. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
This information has been prepared from sources believed reliable. The views expressed are as the date of publication and are those of the Advisor to the Fund.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC. 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212. 1/19