Chief Compliance Officer
Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Chief Compliance Officer
The Green Century Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for developing and enforcing appropriate policies and procedures for Green Century Capital Management and the Green Century Funds pursuant to the “Compliance Rule” for investment advisers and mutual funds. The Chief Compliance Officer is empowered with full responsibility and authority to develop and enforce compliance policies and procedures and is provided the seniority and authority to compel others to adhere to the compliance policies and procedures. You will serve at the pleasure of the Funds’ Board of Trustees.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain, manage and administer the compliance programs for the Green Century Funds and Green Century Capital Management
• Oversee the Funds’ service providers and their own compliance officers. Become familiar with each of the Funds’ service providers’ operations and understand what aspects of those operations could expose the Funds to compliance risks. Maintain an active working relationship with each service provider’s compliance personnel. Conduct analysis of each service provider’s ability to perform its duties
• Assist in the due diligence processes with respect to the compliance programs of any future investment advisers, sub-advisers and service providers to the Funds
• Monitor for newly proposed, amended and/or adopted SEC and other regulatory agency regulations as well as legislation. Stay abreast of changes in the field affecting the Funds and/or Green Century Capital Management; coordinate with legal counsel and service providers to ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to the Funds and/or Green Century Capital Management; oversee the drafting and proposal of new and updated compliance policies and procedures
• Coordinate, supervise and support compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing and reporting; and consult with and advise the Board and service providers affected by compliance issues and regulatory requirements
• Join senior leadership to maintain a culture of compliance
• Provide quarterly and annual written and oral reports to the Green Century Funds Board of Trustees. Meet in executive session with the Funds’ Independent Trustees at least once annually
• Ensure maintenance of materials and records pursuant to the recordkeeping requirements of Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7
• Act as liaison with the business development team in the design, development and implementation of compliance procedures across the Funds and Green Century Capital Management
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. We are looking for someone with at least 7 years of mutual fund experience, at least 5 years of compliance experience, and a thorough understanding of:
- Rule 38a-1 under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Rule 206(4)-7 under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Concepts, practices and procedures of compliance programs for an investment adviser and a mutual fund family
- Rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); and state and other securities regulatory agencies
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry
Qualified applicants will also have the ability to:
- Maintain currency in securities industry rules and regulations and best practices in compliance.
- Interpret and apply securities and other regulatory agency regulations and identify and recommend policy and procedural changes as appropriate
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation
- Maintain confidentiality, show excellent judgement and discretion
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment and manage significant projects
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume here. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit here to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.