Join the Green Century Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Green Century is seeking a Finance Manager to work closely with our entire team on financial, operational, technological, and compliance support for Green Century Capital Management and the Green Century Funds. In this position, you would be a critical contributor to the continued growth and success of the Funds. Opportunities for advancement for the candidate who excels are available.
The Green Century Finance Manager will work closely with all levels of staff and report to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations. Representative responsibilities include various aspects of mutual fund operations, administration and compliance.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct business planning and financial analysis
• Monitor select service providers of the Funds, including fund administration, fund accounting, and shareholder services
• Implement policies and procedures in response to regulatory or industry changes
• Analyze the Funds' past and prospective growth opportunities; manage special projects especially in the area of data analytics.
• Manage information technology
• Trouble-shoot and improve our Client Relationship Management (CRM) tools
• Provide organizational administrative support
• Work in support of our Chief Compliance Officer to review and update policies and procedures
Candidates for this position should have at least 3-4 years professional experience, including at least 2 years of mutual funds experience. This could include (but is not limited to) working for a socially responsible business, a financial services or consulting company or for a nonprofit or government organization.
• Demonstrated excellent quantitative skills
• Computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within and across teams
• Ability to take responsibility for the management of information technology tasks and other significant projects
• Ability to use IT vendors effectively and appropriately
• Familiarity with Client Relationship Management tools is a plus
• Experience with one or more of the following: project management, financial management, work with complex information and data, and/or information systems implementation
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Extensive training in mutual fund administration and operations will be provided.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Please apply on our website: https://www.greencentury.com/finance-manager-application/. Please specify Finance Manager in your cover letter. For more information, please visit www.greencentury.com.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer. Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.