Financial and Office Associate
Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work. Green Century was founded and is owned by nine nonprofit organizations that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. Green Century’s nonprofit owners and partners include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and encompass 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
Act as lead administrator and office manager to ensure that the office operates efficiently and effectively:
• Monitor and improve the computer systems and networks and back-up systems
• Provide technical support across the staff, including in current offsite working setup
• Maintain the office space, working with building supervisor and phone system providers as needed, and upgrade the office environment for staff and visitors
Work with the financial operations team to:
• Prepare requisitions, write checks, mail checks, and file paid bills
• Enter recordings into our accounting software program (Sage)
• Prepare and make bank deposits
• Maintain Budget Monitoring Forms
• Resolve problems with invoices
Support prospective and current investors:
• Provide information who have questions or need information about the Green Century Funds. Ensure prompt and appropriate response to all inquiries for information on the Green Century Funds.
• Participate as enthusiastic members of the Green Century and The Public Interest Network community in support of the mission and goals of the advocacy program
Qualified applicants need to be detail-oriented and highly organized, with a friendly and professional demeanor and the maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information. Candidates must have facility working with numbers, databases, IT systems and computers. They should be driven by a commitment to the public interest and environmental issues and interested in sustainable investing. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of being able to effectively work independently, manage significant projects and having an outstanding work ethic.
This is an entry level position.
Compensation & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000. Green Century offers a competitive benefits package, an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Boston, MA. For the foreseeable future, most of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For this position, staff may be required to come to the office twice a week.
Please fill out our online application. Please specify Finance and Office Associate in your cover letter.
Things to Know When Apply
Green Century is part of The Public Interest Network that operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.