Join the Green Century° Team!
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the investment advisor of the Green Century Funds, one of the first families of responsible and diversified fossil fuel free mutual funds in the U.S.
For over 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of environmentally responsible investing. Green Century uses a three-pronged approach to deliver impact while seeking competitive returns.
- Invests in companies aligned with environmental values. Instead of investing in environmentally dangerous industries such as coal, oil, gas and tobacco, Green Century Funds avoids these companies so that clients can match their ethics to their investments.
- Leads an award-winning shareholder advocacy program. Our Green Century shareholder advocacy team directly presses global companies to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations. Green Century is wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their critical work.
Green Century is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to process and record financial transactions and maintain the books of the corporation. Representative responsibilities include preparing requisitions, recording payables, and preparing checks and quarterly financial statements. This position will report to Green Century’s Senior Advisor and its Senior Finance Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for the Accounts Payable function, including:
- Prepare requisitions and research invoices
- Record payables
- Prepare checks and ACH payments, record payments and maintain paid bills files
- Record receivables
- Prepare bank deposits and reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Record adjusting and other General Ledger entries
Initially, the bookkeeper will not have responsibility for payroll, payroll taxes or federal and state corporate taxes.
Candidates for this position should have at least three years of relevant professional experience. Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, organized, and good with numbers. We seek candidates with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and accounting program experience.
The ideal candidate might also have:
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting software
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Self-starter comfortable working independently as well as interacting with other staff via email, Zoom and in person.
- A passion for the mission of Green Century and the nonprofit sector
We are looking for a part-time employee to work between 20 and 25 hours a week. We are working in a hybrid office arrangement and require the bookkeeper to work in our office 1-2 days a week. Compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or education of the successful candidate.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boosted. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kristina Curtis, Senior Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit here to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.