Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
The content creator will work closely with all levels of staff and report to the President of Green Century Capital Management. The content creator will be tasked with finding and telling the best stories to advance our campaigns.
The job of the content creator is to tell and amplify the stories of Green Century’s campaigns through social media, blogs, email alerts, newsletters, annual reports and other print and digital content. Candidates must show excellent judgement, discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to:
- Connect: Keep in touch with investment teams, shareholder advocates, learn the issues, and stay on top of the firms’ action, progress, and results.
- Tell stories: Write (and rewrite, and rewrite again), edit and proofread stories that capture attention and motivate, excite, persuade and enlighten.
- Amplify and expand stories: Amplify your stories on earned media and social media. Pitch them to the press, leading with strong hooks and build relationships with reporters. Expand their meaning and impact through blogs. Adapt them for emails, newsletters, annual reports and more.
- Get training and direction: Practice and perfect your craft. Learn new skills. Get direction up front, editorial feedback throughout, and an evaluation at completion. Keep getting better at what you do.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and compose high-quality external content marketing materials, including web pages, press releases, weekly emails to investors, potential investors, and financial advisors, digital ads, and social media posts.
- Oversee development of printed and digital materials.
- Build media relationships with reporters, perform media outreach, and respond to media inquiries.
- Develop client facing materials, including presentations, in conjunction with institutional sales team.
- Monitor and report on metrics, analytics, news, and media mentions.
- Play a key role in website management and upgrade.
- Ensure materials are compliant with SEC and securities regulations.
Why you’d be great for the job:
- You’re a strong writer who has written not only academic papers but also news articles, opinion columns, blogs, campaign content and/or fundraising appeals.
- You’re a clear thinker (a prerequisite for being a strong writer) who can quickly get your head around an issue, sniff out a good story, give it structure, stay on-message, and plan your way from Point A to Point Z.
- You’re a voracious consumer of news and investment content. You not only know what our network is doing, but you understand the context because you’re on top of the news on responsible investing, our issues, including other firms and organizations.
- You’re a student of communication. You understand how to tell stories differently in a tweet v. a 7-minute long-read, and how to make text and visuals work differently in a post on Instagram v. a spread in an annual report.
- You’re creative, dynamic and ambitious. You’re a firehose of new ideas. You can think your way around problems. You adapt well to changing circumstances and new developments. You want to achieve more today than you did yesterday.
- You’re organized. You have excellent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects.
- You’re driven to change the world. The planet needs saving, and you’re ready to help save it. You believe we can organize our lives to be healthier, safer and less wasteful, and you’re ready to do your part to make it happen. You’re looking for a calling, not just a job.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume here. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit here to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.