Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the investment advisor of the Green Century Funds, one of the first families of responsible and diversified fossil fuel free mutual funds in the U.S.
For over 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of environmentally responsible investing. Green Century uses a three-pronged approach to deliver impact while seeking competitive returns.
- Invests in companies aligned with environmental values. Instead of investing in environmentally dangerous industries such as coal, oil, gas and tobacco, Green Century Funds avoids these companies so that clients can match their ethics to their investments.
- Leads an award-winning shareholder advocacy program. Our Green Century shareholder advocacy team directly presses global companies to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations. Green Century is wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their critical work.
Green Century is expanding and seeking a Fund Analyst to assist with investment oversight of the Green Century Funds, aid with development of new products, and support overall financial growth. Representative responsibilities include investment analysis, research, and recommendations to support investment decisions. This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager and work with the operations team and President.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
Ongoing Portfolio Management
- Understand how our exclusionary screens and ESG rating are applied in the Green Century Funds
- Assist in interactions and analysis of subadvisors performance
- Conduct analysis of manager performance
- Contribute to the preparation of materials to President and Green Century Funds Board of Trustees
- Help improve internal processes and systems to further enhance the performance of the Green Century Funds
Development of New Investment Products
- Solicit and review RFP’s from potential subadvisors
- Perform detailed research on investment managers
Ongoing Monitoring of ESG, Responsible Investing and Broader Field
- Conduct and prepare reports on developments in the sustainable investing and broader investment field
- Collect industry research to inform decision making
Candidates for this position should have at least 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in fields such as investment analysis and strategy, portfolio construction and portfolio implementation. Qualified candidates will show excellent judgment, discretion and have the ability to oversee multiple projects. This could include (but is not limited to):
- Experience with financial markets, investment portfolio strategy, and mutual funds
- ESG and sustainability approaches and strategy analysis
- Ability to analyze and understand portfolio investment selection and positioning
- Ability to analyze market opportunities and support improvement of oversight of the portfolio process
- Experience researching and evaluating various industry valuation sources including fixed income, equity and international securities
- Ability to identify, collect, organize, and synthesize information from a variety of sources including an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong math, analytical and financial accounting skills
- A passion for the mission of Green Century and nonprofit sector
We welcome candidates who are pursuing a CFA designation.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume here. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit here to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.