Green Century° uses a three-pronged approach to deliver impact while seeking competitive returns.
1. Invests with environmental values: Green Century is proud to be one of the first families of fossil fuel free and environmentally responsible mutual funds in the U.S.
Our investment strategy incorporates:
- Exclusionary screens to avoid dangerous and harmful industries including fossil fuels, civilian and military weapons, tobacco, producers of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), and nuclear energy;
- Controversy exclusions to identify and avoid corporations that are trending toward damaging reputational risks or are not following international norms and principles; and
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG). The Green Century Funds invests in companies that meet our high ESG criteria.
A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
2. Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our award-winning team of shareholder advocates directly presses companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
3. Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits earned managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
It's time to go fossil fuel free.
Green Century is a proponent of the power of investors to motivate corporate action, but there are some oil and gas companies, who simply can't, or won't, be moved.
Oil and gas companies have spent billions and billions of dollars blocking efforts to address climate change and helping sow doubt about the science behind it.
Investors concerned about the environment and the climate crisis may want to consider going fossil fuel free.
Are you ready to align your values with your investments?
The Green Century Funds
The Green Century Balanced Fund is an actively managed Fund that invests in stocks and bonds, more than 70% of which are green or sustainable.1
The Green Century Equity Fund is a passively managed Fund that invests in sustainable U.S.-based companies.
The Green Century MSCI International Index Fund is a passively managed Fund that invests in companies that meet our high ESG criteria in developed markets outside of the U.S. It is one of the first environmentally responsible fossil fuel free international index funds available to U.S. investors.
Ready to Learn More?
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
1As of September 30, 2023, green and sustainable bonds comprised 70.15% of total bonds held in the Green Century Balanced Fund.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.