Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
We offer internships to talented and motivated individuals each semester and over the summer.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of ethical investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in environmentally reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds companies that meet our high environmental, social and governance performance criteria.
- Leads and effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several nearly 100 companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their critical work.
Working closely with Green Century’s marketing team, the intern(s) will be responsible for promoting Green Century’s Funds through website and digital marketing and design materials. This experience will offer the intern(s) the opportunity to learn about marketing products in the socially responsible investing space as well as web and digital marketing space. Intern(s) will receive ample training on marketing strategy, media tracking and follow-up, social media work, basics of the mutual fund industry and web content. Intern(s) will also be exposed to the burgeoning field of environmentally and socially responsible investing.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Updating web pages on the Green Century website
- Assist Green Century President, Leslie Samuelrich, in drafting content for emails/newsletters
- Drafting content for the Media Mentions web page
- Overseeing and maintaining social media strategy
- Finding and evaluating photos/images for use in marketing materials across the board
- Posting press releases and thought leadership to the website on a regular basis
- Assist in outreach around new tools, press releases, webinars etc.
- Research and analyze areas of environmental risk facing various industries in order to identify those companies most at risk
- A demonstrated interest in environmentally responsible business practices and socially responsible investing
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe InDesign and Canva
- Experience running and maintaining social media campaigns/platforms
- Marketing, messaging, writing, and/or communications experience
- An ability to work both as past of a team as well as deliver independent projects
The position will require 20 hours per week in the spring and fall, and 40 hours per week in the summer. Office hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Intern(s) must complete work within that time frame and on a regular schedule. During the fall and spring semesters, work days are flexible to accommodate student schedules and program needs.
Green Century collaborates with the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) Internship Program which requires that intern applicants either live in Massachusetts or go to undergraduate or graduate school in Massachusetts. Intern candidates should seek more details at the MassCEC internship website about whether they qualify .Information about compensation is located on the MassCEC website.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and work or writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify position and timeframe in subject line.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.