Join the Green Century Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Working closely with Green Century’s marketing staff, the intern(s) will be responsible for promoting Green Century’s Funds, with particular focus on Green Century’s new international fund through primarily website and digital marketing and design materials. This experience will offer the intern(s) the opportunity to learn about marketing a new product in the socially responsible investing space as well as web and digital marketing. We will provide training on marketing strategy, media tracking and follow-up, social media work, basics of the mutual fund industry, and web content. The intern(s) will also be exposed to the burgeoning field of environmentally and socially responsible investing.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Updating and creating new website pages
• Grow and update the media database
• Draft content for press releases and website pages
• Find and evaluate photos and images for use in marketing materials
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations around the new fund and our impact work
• Assist in outreach around new tools, press releases, webinars, etc.
• Work with social media to enhance Green Century’s role and recognition
• Assist shareholder advocacy staff in preparing for corporate environmental campaigns
• Research and analyze areas of environmental risk facing various industries in order to identify those companies most at risk
• A demonstrated interest in environmentally responsible business and socially responsible investing
• Excellent writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; advanced skilled preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Marketing, messaging, writing or communications experience
• An ability work both as part of a team as well as deliver independent projects
The position will require a minimum of 15 hours per week up to 20 hours per week in the spring and fall, and between 30 to 40 hours per week in the summer. Office hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Intern(s) must complete work within that time frame and on a regular schedule. Days are flexible depending on student schedule and program needs.
The position is compensated through the MassCEC Internship Program for those who qualify. Candidates must be registered through the MassCEC internship program database.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and work or writing sample to email@example.com. Specify position and timeframe in subject line.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.