Join the Green Century Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Green Century's Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications and other senior staff to devise and implement strategies for creatively marketing the Funds, focusing primarily on reaching individual investors through internet marketing, event outreach, and telephone inquiries. We are looking for a candidate with excellent writing abilities, proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe suites, exceptional people skills, a proven ability to juggle multiple projects, a passion for the environment and socially responsible investing, and a good-natured personality that will further contribute to the strength of our team.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying new and creative opportunities to reach potential investors through a variety of mediums, including events and digital, print, and search ads
• Identifying digital and print ad opportunities
• Managing event outreach strategy to recruit new investors, including identifying opportunities, training staff, overseeing logistics, managing budgets, and driving goals
• Reviewing and updating Green Century website content
• Assisting in the SEC-approval process for all external materials
• Coordinating and evaluating Direct Mail projects
• Contributing to the design and overseeing production of all internal and external materials, including ads
• Conducting periodic analysis of market research
• Contributing to monthly marketing reports
• Overseeing interactions with prospective and current investors through the telephone inquiry line
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills; energy and commitment to socially responsible investing; a team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity with a drive and ability to motivate others; a proactive approach to problem solving; and excellent project management skills with the ability to manage plans and deadlines. Graphic design experience preferred. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer. Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.