The Green Century Funds avoid companies harmful to human or social ecology.
The Funds do not invest in corporations that explore for, extract, process, refine, and transmit coal, oil, or gas; burn fossil fuels to make electricity; or possess carbon reserves.
The Green Century Funds also do not invest in producers of nuclear weapons or nuclear energy, armaments, guns or civilian weapons, or tobacco.
Instead, the Green Century Funds invest in the most environmentally responsible companies in their respective industries.
The Funds are one of the first family of fossil fuel free, environmentally responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Green Century° uses a three-pronged approach to deliver impact while seeking competitive returns in an unparalleled manner.
1. Invests with environmental values: Green Century is proud to be one of the first family of fossil fuel free, environmentally responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our investment strategy incorporates:
- Values-based exclusionary screens to avoid dangerous and harmful industries including fossil fuels, civilian and military weapons, tobacco, producers of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), and nuclear energy;
- Controversy exclusions to identify and avoid corporations that are trending toward damaging reputational risks or are not following international norms and principles; and
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG). The Green Century Funds invests in companies that meet our high ESG criteria.
- A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
2. Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates goes far beyond basic proxy voting to engaging nearly 100 companies a year to improve their environmental practices and policies to deliver impact that inspires your clients.
3. Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: 100% of the profits Green Century earns managing its Funds can be used to support the work of its environmental and public health nonprofit owners, including the 100% Clean Energy and Wildlife Over Waste campaigns. Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations.
Are you ready to align your investments with your values?
The Green Century Funds
The Green Century Balanced Fund is an actively managed Fund that invests in solution-oriented companies and bonds, more than 60% of which are green or sustainable.1
The Green Century Equity Fund is a passively managed Fund that invests in U.S.-based companies that meet our high ESG criteria and invests in the MSCI KLD Social ex Fossil Fuels Index.
The Green Century MSCI International Index Fund is a passively managed Fund that invests in companies that meet our high ESG criteria in developed markets outside of the U.S. It is the first environmentally responsible, diversified, fossil fuel free international index fund available to U.S. investors.
Ready to Learn More?
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
1As of June 30, 2022, green and sustainable bonds comprised 67.2% of total bonds held in the Green Century Balanced Fund.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.