Join the Green Century° Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work. Green Century was founded and is owned by nine nonprofit organizations that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. Green Century’s nonprofit owners and partners include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and encompass 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
Green Century’s Shareholder Advocate will bring critical environmental concerns to America’s largest corporations and help develop strategies to ensure that the corporations respond by improving their practices. This position will join our growing team of shareholder advocates, marketing and business staff and report to the President.
Representative responsibilities include:
• Learning and staying current on business and environmental issues for the companies in our portfolio
• Researching practices and policies of companies and their competitors
• Assisting in the development and implementation of requests for action for selected environmental concerns and companies
• Preparing the business cases for action for multiple issues and sectors
• Communicating with corporations through written correspondence, telephone, and in-person meetings
• Negotiating with company representatives
• Writing and filing shareholder resolutions
• Attending and presenting at corporate annual general meetings
• Voting the proxies for companies owned by Green Century and the Funds
• Representing Green Century in shareholder coalitions
• Developing and working with selected coalition efforts
• Communicating with non-profit organizations to develop and coordinate actions
• Writing and distributing press releases and speaking with members of the press
• Writing and producing materials describing Green Century’s work
• Promoting Green Century to various audiences
• Supporting the broader mission of Green Century and our non-profit owners, as needed
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: strong verbal, writing, interpersonal, strategic, and analytical skills; energy and commitment to socially responsible investing; a team orientation that balances individual contribution and group effort; and an ability to bring integrity and collegiality to our corporate dialogues. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion and the ability to manage significant projects.
Ability to travel periodically and a college degree is required.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Boston, MA. For the foreseeable future, most of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume here. Please address your cover letter to Kate Canada, Hiring Director.
Things to Know When Apply
Green Century is part of The Public Interest Network that operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
°Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) is the investment advisor to the Green Century Funds (the Funds).
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.