Join the Green Century Team
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Green Century is seeking to add a talented person to our team in order to expand Green Century’s ability to improve corporate environmental practices.
Green Century’s Sustainability Analyst will bring critical environmental concerns to America’s largest corporations and help develop strategies to ensure that the corporations respond by improving their practices.
The Sustainability Analyst will research a broad range of environmental risks in corporations in order to develop the business case for taking responsible environmental action, communicate these issues with the companies. The Sustainability Analyst will also help coordinate Green Century’s work with that of other responsible investors as well as with the broader community of environmental advocates, researchers, and policy experts.
The Analyst will also bring pressure to bear on targeted corporations by promoting Green Century’s issues, campaigns, and work.
The Analyst will work closely with our shareholder advocates and business team and report to the President.
Green Century is seeking a candidate with a demonstrated commitment to the environment, excellent research and writing skills, strong people skills, an appreciation of strategy, and a proven ability to juggle multiple projects. The candidate should be able to work effectively in both corporate and nonprofit settings.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Learning and staying current on business and environmental issues for the companies in our portfolio
• Researching practices and policies of companies and their competitors
• Assisting in the development and implementation of requests for action for selected environmental concerns and companies
• Preparing the business cases for action for multiple issues and sectors
• Communicating with corporations through written correspondence, telephone, and in-person meetings
• Negotiating with company representatives
• Writing and filing shareholder resolutions
• Attending and presenting at corporate annual general meetings
• Voting the proxies for companies owned by Green Century and the Funds
• Representing Green Century in shareholder coalitions
• Developing and working with selected coalition efforts
• Communicating with nonprofit organizations to develop and coordinate actions
• Writing and distributing press releases and speaking with members of the press
• Writing and producing materials describing Green Century’s work
• Promoting Green Century to various audiences
• Supporting the broader mission of Green Century and our nonprofit owners, as needed
• Other duties, as requested
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: strong verbal, writing, interpersonal, strategic, and analytical skills; energy and commitment to socially responsible investing; a team orientation that balances individual contribution and group effort; and an ability to bring integrity and collegiality to our corporate dialogues. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion. Ability to travel periodically and a college degree is required.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume at https://www.greencentury.com/shareholder-advocate-application/. Please address your cover letter to Kate Canada, Hiring Director.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.