Leaving Swell? Choose Green Century.
Keep your investments aligned with your values.
Why choose Green Century?
Green Century has been helping investors who care about the environment save for the future without compromising their values for more than 25 years.
1. Invests in sustainable companies: Green Century is proud to be the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S. Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, Green Century invests in environmental leaders and innovators and companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
2. Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
3. Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits earned managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
How do I transfer my investments from Swell to Green Century?
Transferring your investments is simple, but the process depends on the type of account you held with Swell.
Regular Investment Accounts:
- Login to your Swell account and withdraw your funds into your bank account.
- Open an account with Green Century by clicking here.
Retirement Accounts (IRAs):
- Fill out the form on the right to receive your IRA Registration Forms by email or by postal mail.
- Print and fill out the IRA Registration Forms, including the IRA Transfer Request Form. Remember that Folio Investments, Inc., not Swell, should be listed as your current IRA custodian on the forms.
- Mail the forms in and we'll take care of the rest. Note that you can only rollover an account if the new account is of the same type (Traditional to Traditional, Roth to Roth).
The Green Century Funds
The actively managed Green Century Balanced Fund invests predominantly in solution-oriented U.S. companies and green and sustainable bonds, including those that finance climate mitigation projects worldwide.1
The passively managed Green Century Equity Fund invests in the stocks of U.S. companies that comprise the longest-running sustainability index, the MSCI KLD 400 Social Index, customized to screen out fossil fuel companies.
The Green Century MSCI International Index Fund invests in the stocks of foreign companies in developed markets that comprise a customized, fossil fuel free index. The passively managed Fund offers an international diversification opportunity.
Ready to Learn More?
1As of March 31, 2020, green and sustainable bonds comprised 53.76% of total bonds held in the Green Century Balanced Fund.
You should carefully consider the Funds' investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. To obtain a Prospectus that contains this and other information about the Funds, please click here for more information, email email@example.com or call 1-800-934-7336. Please read the Prospectus carefully before investing.
Stocks will fluctuate in response to factors that may affect a single company, industry, sector, country, region or the market as a whole and may perform worse than the market. Foreign securities are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuations, regional economic and political conditions, differences in accounting methods, and other unique risks compared to investing in securities of U.S. issuers. Bonds are subject to risks including interest rate, credit, and inflation. A sustainable investment strategy which incorporates environmental, social and governance criteria may result in lower or higher returns than an investment strategy that does not include such criteria.
The Green Century Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC., 235 W Galena Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212.